We usually post our updates on Thursdays, as some of you may know, and we have no idea why. It just kind of happened.
This week we’ve been working to wrap things up still. We’re trying our hardest not to add new stuff until we can wrap up what we have into a solid build but just can’t help ourselves. We realized the batteries run out of power eventually so we need to have a power generator of some sort. So we spent about 3 days (and counting) making a generator. We didn’t really want to use the solars due to the lack of content on the surface of Primulus.
Speaking of the surface, we’ve also spent quite a bit of time this past week ironing out details about that. I wont get into the specifics until we’re satisfied with what we come up with. It’s pretty exciting, though.
- Item placement rotation
- Complete wall deconstruction
- Tooltips when hovering over item (Just says item name)
- A button to quickly change hand.
- Power Generator.
- Broken UI’s
- Item’s clipping through walls/floors when placed
- Player Blood Decal
- Can no longer place items ON the player (Yes. This was an issue)
- And probably a ton more I’m forgetting about.
We’re looking to get our hands on the Unity Pro Profile before we do the prototype release the game. We want to do a bit more optimizing and it’s hard to see what resources are being allocated where without the profiler.
That’s about it for the week. I mentioned we’ll be a bit scarce over the next few weeks while we wrap things up. If you have any questions, you know where to find us.